WHITNEY + KENT | OKTOBERFEST INSPIRED WEDDING | SACRAMENTO, CA
Whitney and Kent had the most stunning, romantic and chic wedding I have ever photographed; from Whitney’s glistening flowing golden gown to Kent’s impeccably tailored suit, these two were picture perfect. The couple were married in Whitney’s home town of Sacramento and they utilized so many talented local vendor to help them create their dream wedding day. Event planner, Aubrey White, from Alluring Events & Design helped Whitney plan their Oktoberfest themed wedding from thousands of miles away as Whitney and Kent currently live in Germany!
Their September Fall wedding was adorned by the most stunning flower arrangements; I couldn’t get enough of Whitney’s bouquet designed by In Full Bloom florists–it really was breathtaking. (I think I took a million and one photos of her bouquet so enjoy all of my favorite shots.. Sorry (not sorry) but there are a LOT of them.)
The couple took all of their bridal photos before the ceremony in the cactus gardens at the Capital Park adjacent to the historical Capital Building in downtown Sacramento. It was a beautiful sunny Fall Saturday and the afternoon shadows cast by the large trees made for the perfect background! This time was precious to Whitney and Kent as it was the only ‘alone’ time they had together all day. They got to kiss and laugh and play together before the festivities began.
The quiet and serene courtyard of the Antiquite Maison Privee set the scene for the couple’s ceremony. Surrounded by beautiful flowers and greenery, their guests witnessed Whitney and Kent exchange their own personal vows and promises to one another; laughter and tears sprung from the family and friends as they celebrated Whitney and Kent’s union. Everyone toasted the couple out of custom designed Oktoberfest Steins and enjoyed the German beer and food.
As customary with traditional Oktoberfestivities; the party-goers ate, drank, and were marry. They danced, they celebrated and they enjoyed an unforgettable night.
Read below to find out what Whitney’s favorite moments and memories were from her dream wedding day.
FROM THE BRIDE
1. What was your Favorite moment from the day?: My favorite part of the day was walking down the aisle with my dad and seeing all our friends and family gathered in one place. And, of course, my handsome groom waiting for me! It’s an incredible feeling to look around and see so many faces that you love!
2. What inspired your wedding theme?: I’m not sure how we decided on our vintage Oktoberfest theme. I think Kent may have suggested it as a joke and it sparked something in my mind. We live in Germany and this was a great way to share a piece of our life here with our friends and family at home. My family also loves trolling flea markets and antique stores for awesome vintage pieces so we had a great time looking for the wedding decor. My husband’s family also rolled up their sleeves and made all the gingerbread cookie place markers.
3. What did you loved most about your…
a. Wedding day: I was really happy that we decided to do a “first look” and take photos before the wedding started. It was so fun to hold hands and hug and kiss while Kendal of THE DELAURAS snapped away. It was a very special time for the two of us before seeing our friends and family.
b. Venue: Our venue hadn’t hosted a lot of weddings before ours so it didn’t feel like a factory where you had to do this or that. The owner was really laid back and worked very closely with us to make sure we were happy. We loved that it was eclectic, historic and urban
4. What advice do you have for brides planning their wedding?: The whole process of planning a wedding is pretty foreign to most people and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the decisions you have to make. But I would just say that you need to trust your gut and have faith that you made the right decision. Everything will turn out great in the end!
5. Is there anything you would have done differently?? Honestly, no. I was so happy with the way everything came together and all the little glitches and whatnot are what made it unique and ours!
6. Looking back now a few weeks what stands out the most to you? It went by so fast! I want to do it all over again but without having to plan it all 🙂
Photographer: THE DELAURAS
Dress Designer: Sarah Seven
Shoes: Badgely Mischka
Florist: In Full Bloom
Hair & Makeup: Hello Glam
Stationary: Flutter Letterpress
Groom suit: Hugo Boss
Cake Designer: Cake Couture (Christie Apodaca)
Event Planner: Alluring Events & Design
Venue: Antiquite Maison Privee
Caterer: Beth Sogaard Catering
Officiant: Kevin Elliott (friend)
Live Band: The Indestructibles
Guitarist: Adam Donald
Lighting: SJ’s Disc Jockey
Getting Ready Photos: The Citizen
Bridal Photos: Capital Park