- What was the Inspiration for your wedding day? Our inspiration was honestly California and family. We wanted a relaxed, beach vibe, but also something very intimate.
- How and why did you pick your venue and or wedding details? We picked our venue as Laguna Beach has become a little escape world for us personally from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. It is such a special place for us, and we really wanted our loved ones to experience it with us. St. Catherine of Siena Church is a beautiful little church up on a hill overlooking the ocean, and we immediately fell in love with it the moment we first attended mass there. And then the reception at Hotel Laguna was just the perfect size for our guest count and had views of the ocean. It literally feels like you are dancing on the ocean, and having dinner with your family under the stars.
- What special details did you include in your wedding or reception?? We included a Memory Table, that had pictures of our grandparents from both sides of our families. They are people in our lives that I wish could have been there for this day, and I think they were there somehow, and I wanted people to see their pictures and remember them and think that they are probably there dancing along with us in some way. We also included candles everywhere and twinkle lights on the ceiling so it really felt like we were dancing on the beach under the stars!
- How did you make your wedding day special and make it about the two of you? Our wedding day was truly like a dream come true, and we are still in a haze of wedding bliss after it. It feels like a fairytale. We really tried to keep the humor, and be silly together even though so much pressure was felt leading up to the day. We promised each other that on the day we would just let go, and relax and enjoy, and I am so glad we made sure we did that!
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? Definitely seeing hummingbirds during our pictures, the falling beautiful leaves at the church in our pictures, then taking sunset pictures on the beach with our shoes off and then walking up to our venue with all our guests out on the balcony waiting for us and cheering for us with the waves crashing in the background. It was magic and unplanned!
- What was your favorite part about the wedding planning process? I think going through the church preparation for a Catholic Wedding. It was very special, and our priest really helped us and guided us along and it was just very memorable.
- Any advice for those planning now? Trust your heart! Make decisions together, and remember on the day of to just completely let go, be silly, have fun, and forget all the little details that you were forcing yourself to take care of the days leading up to it! Everything will fall magically into place. Choose a really fun memorable last song of the night that is special to both of you! Our last song of the night turned out to be just as special as our first dance!
Processional: Canon in D
First Dance: Never Let Me Go – Florence and the Machine
Last Song of the Night – Fire and the Flood- Vance Joy
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras? The DeLauras were actually the first vendors we booked for our wedding!! We booked them almost 2 years before our actually wedding!! We fell in love with their pictures, and had to have them on our big day. They are so much fun to be around, and became our friends throughout the whole process. They make your day so comfortable and relaxed, and you know you in the best hand’s. Everyone at our wedding remarked how nice they were, and they work along with your ideas and incorporate their own, and you feel like such a team together with them. We love them so much!
ceremony St. Catherine of Sienna | reception HOTEL LAGUNA | destination LAGUNA BEACH | event planner BREE HUENERS OF I LOVE YOU MORE EVENTS | floral design Bloom of Time Florists | wedding dress ANAIS ANETTE | dress shop LOVE & LACE BRIDAL SALON | hair & makeup BENYLA | dj VOX DJ| rentals XL ENTERTAINMENT | cake SIMPLY SWEET CAKERY