THERESA + JAY // EL SALVADOR // LAS FLORES SURF RESORT RESORT //12.04.15
Theresa and Jay’s destination wedding was one for the books, seriously…. it will go down in my career history as one of the most amazing wedding experiences I have ever had. Not to mention it was my very first international wedding, so I can officially call myself an ‘International Wedding Photographer.’
My Fiance, Anthony, and I packed our bags, hopped on the 5 hour flight to El Salvador (with half of the wedding guests), caravaned through the jungle and landed in heaven. Anthony and I just looked at each other and giggled and whispered ‘is this real?? Are we really in El Salvador for WORK?? What an amazing life/job/opportunity we have been given and we couldn’t be more stoked for it!’
El Salvador was the perfect setting for Jay and Theresa’s destination wedding. The couple brought 38 of their closest family members and friends to a remote surf destination in Central America. The Las Flores Surf Resort had everything we could possibly need. 98 degree weather, endless coastline, rolling waves, surfboards, infinity pool, three meals a day, relaxing massages and refreshing cocktails not to mention the exceptionally friendly around the clock resort staff. Once you arrived in paradise, there was nothing else you could possibly need except maybe some bug spray and sun tan lotion.
Theresa and Jay’s wedding wasn’t just a day, or a weekend but 4 nights and 5 days of bonding, surfing, dining, swimming, hanging out and making memories! Even though Anthony and I were not officially wedding guests we completely felt included in the couples story and in their adventure. Anthony and I had the opportunity to get to know some of Jay’s friends, a few of his 7 siblings and his 18 year old son as well as Theresa’s 80 year old grandfather (who was the nicest man alive and who walked Theresa down the isle) as well as all of her bridesmaids!
Their intimate wedding of 38 wedding guests celebrated Theresa and Jay not only on their wedding day, but throughout the entire weekend. This was more than just a wedding; it was a union of family, of love, and of friendship in an unforgettable way. Honestly some things you just can’t put into words. #youhadtobethere
Dress Designer: Fiore Couture
Hair/makeup: Cristina Campos
Florist: Las Flores Surf Resort
Venue: Las Flores Surf Resort
Event Planner: Rocio Barraza
Catering: Las Flores Surf Resort
Reggae Band: Fusion Band
Officiant: Dave Lagestee, Mark Lagestee, Brian Lagestee, Gary Lagestee (Jays Brothers)
Groom Suit: Hugo Boss
Photography: THE DELAURAS
FROM THE BRIDE:
1. How did you choose El Salvador for your wedding destination? Jay has been coming to the Las Flores Surf Resort for 10 years. It was our first vacation destination that we traveled to together as a couple. We fell in love with the charm and scenery of the country as well as the resort.
2. What was your favorite part about having a destination wedding? Our favorite part of having a destination wedding was that we were in El Salvador for more than one day so we got to spend a lot of time with all our favorite people.
3. What was the hardest part about having a destination wedding?? Since we picked an unusual country to have a destination wedding the hardest part was knowing that some of your closest friends and family would not be there.
4. What is your advice for other brides planning a destination wedding? My Advice for other brides planning a destination wedding would be, to know that you cannot make everyone happy and to not worry be happy. Secondly, Hire a wedding planner local to the area for sure!!
5. Favorite moment from the day: I have two favorite moments from the day #1 when Jay got up on stage and sang to me-he performed with his closest friends and the band. That moment was so special to me because I have always known Jay had an amazing voice but he never has sung for me and it was one of our favorite songs. #2 My second most favorite moment was Jay’s son Dylan gave his speech and seeing how much emotion it brought to Jay. It was really touching and so very special.
Jay’s favorite moment: when Dylan’s and Dave gave their speech. His runner up was the Dance party.
4. What you loved most about your:
a. wedding day- I loved looking around to see all of our closest friends and family having fun.
b. your venue- I absolutely was blown away by everything. It was all so perfect and beautiful.
5. anything you would have changed or done differently? I wouldn’t change anything. It truly was a dream come true!!!
6. looking back on your wedding what stands out the most to you? It really stands out that we are loved and have such a great group of friends and family. Each person is so unique and fun. We just love everyone so much. It was awesome!
7. Anything else you want to add??? You think about how your wedding for so long before it actually happens… and this day by far exceeded every expectation or thought of how it would turn out. It was UNBELIEVABLE!!!