- What was the Inspiration for your wedding day? We live in San Francisco and wanted the feeling of a destination wedding, but didn’t want to travel too far, so Big Sur was the perfect location for us. We both love Big Sur and there’s a magic there that we felt would be perfect for our wedding day.
- How and why did you pick your venue and or wedding details? We fell in love with the beautiful setting at Loma Vista Gardens the minute we saw it – the stage where we had our ceremony is so beautiful! We also love the intimate and cozy feel at Big Sur Bakery, not to mention their food is amazing! The vibe at both venues is right up our alley and they worked together perfectly for us.
- What special details did you include in your wedding or reception?? I love the song Pink Moon by Nick Drake and wanted to find an instrumental version to play as our processional. When I couldn’t find one, my Nick offered to learn the song and record it himself! It turned out perfectly and I couldn’t have imagined a better way to walk down the aisle.
- How did you make your wedding day special and make it about the two of you??! We both tried to remember advice that had been given to us by multiple people: try to stay present because it goes by fast. We tried to take moments throughout the day to quietly share and enjoy being together.
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? (From Groom and from Bride) Groom: We had a brief moment alone together after the ceremony but before dinner where we got to catch our breath. We both gave each other a big smile. Bride: The moment I met Nick at the alter and looked out at all the smiling faces of our friends and family. I’ll never forget it!
- What was your favorite part about the wedding planning process? Working with all of our very talented vendors and utilizing their expertise to make our vision come together. We had an idea of how we wanted our wedding to look and feel, but having the input of our vendors proved to be invaluable!
Any advice for those planning now? Book your venue and vendors early and remember to have fun! Things are not always going to go exactly as you planned, but try to remember the big picture of why you’re having a wedding in the first place. Another piece of advice would be to surround yourself with people you trust to have your back the day of the wedding – whether that’s your coordinator (Mariah Green!) or friends/family that can provide assistance and support on your big day.
- Processional: Pink Moon by Nick Drake (instrumental)
- Recessional: Don’t Worry Baby by The Beach Boys
- First Dance: Nothing Can Change This Love by Sam Cooke
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras?? Working with Kendal and Anthony was amazing! We spent the better part of the day with them and had a great time! They are true professionals and are both so kind and fun to be around. We could tell that they really cared about capturing our day in the most beautiful way possible. It was also nice knowing that they had recently been through the same process and knew how we were feeling.
getting ready GLEN OAKS in the BIG SUR CABIN | first look BIG SUR RIVER GLEN OAKS | ceremony LOMA VISTA INN & GARDENS | destination BIG SUR | reception BIG SUR BAKERY | | event planner MARIAH GREEN EVENTS | floral design KATE HEALEY OF BIG SUR FLOWERS | wedding dress Pronovias | bridal accessories BHLDN | shoes Badgley Mischka | hair & makeup RHONDA JOHNSON | groom suit Tailors Keep| grooms shoes Allen Edmonds | desserts BIG SUR BAKERY| officiant Soaring Starkey BIG SUR CEREMONIES | DJ Jeffty Martinez