Malibu Wedding at the Adamson House. A Black Tie Affair with Wedding Photographer The DeLauras
The Adamson House is one of the most beautiful venues that you never even knew excited in Malibu. Located in the state park, the old Spanish style home, and lush gardens have been called the “Taj Mahal of Tile” due to its extensive use of decorative ceramic tiles around the property. With idyllic ocean views the beach-side grass lawn a perfect location for a wedding ceremony, wedding reception, or cocktail hour.
Aimee and Ryan’s black-tie destination wedding was chic and romantic with no detail left undone!! We loved working with wedding planner BURLAP & ROSE on this stunning California Cool wedding!
ABOUT THE COUPLE:
We have a modern love story. We met on a dating app around the holidays and exchanged messages for several weeks before our first date.
We couldn’t meet in person because of the holidays, and because we lived 50 miles apart (Ryan in Los Angeles and Aimee in Orange County). While it took us a long time to finally meet in person, we clearly had a strong connection via our text and phone communications.
When we finally met in person we were both a little unsure about each other, but that quickly went away after our second date. Our ability to communicate with each other continued, and over the course of our initial weeks and months, we spent weekends alternating between Los Angeles and Orange County exploring our favorite places and also trying out new places. Because we only had the weekends to spend together, we developed the ability to communicate and learn about each other apart, which created such a strong foundation. When Aimee got the opportunity to move to Los Angeles for work, she took it, and we haven’t looked back.
Aimee pushes me to try new and exciting things, and I think Aimee would say that I am her source of stability. As much as we have differences, we continue to be able to communicate with each other and push each other to be good partners to each other, and to be good people in general.
FROM THE BRIDE+GROOM
- What was the inspiration for your wedding day? Simple, modern elegance. We wanted our wedding to have a timeless feel.
- How and why did you pick Adamson House for your wedding/reception? Ryan and I are outdoors people and we both love the beach, having grown up near it. We knew that a traditional church or banquet hall wedding wasn’t our style. We wanted to be able to hear the ocean and be under the stars, and the Adamson House delivered on both! Additionally, the Spanish tiles and the grounds are incredibly romantic. We fell in love with the location after our first visit.
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? (From Groom and from Bride)
From the Groom — obviously seeing how beautiful Aimee was in her wedding dress during our “first look.” Best moment of my life. However, a close second is seeing Aimee completely happy with what she put together for the big day. Aimee tried so hard to make the wedding day perfect, and without a doubt she succeeded. I will remember her happiness on that day above most everything.
From the Bride — Walking down the aisle towards Ryan, I was hit with tons of nerves. When I looked up at Ryan, he had this big smile on his face, setting me at ease. I was reminded again how lucky I am to be marrying this man. A close second (if not tied for favorite) was the last song of the night – “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon. Everyone got out on the dance floor to join us; the energy and love was palpable. Towards the end of the song, friends lifted both Ryan and I in the air as everyone danced in a tight circle around us. We have amazing family and friends who give us so much love and support, and this moment, seeing all their smiling faces…it was the perfect end to the perfect day.
- What was your favorite part of the wedding planning process? Collaborating with each vendor – they each brought their expertise to the table, and it was fun to discuss our ideas with them. Seeing how everything came together on our wedding day was awesome; everything truly exceeded our expectations.
- Any advice for those planning now? I think it’s very easy to get lost in the small, tiny details and allow yourself to get stressed. At the end of the day, what you are planning is the love between you and your spouse. I think if you remind yourself of that, the little issues and stressors fall away.
Processional: “Fools Rush In” – Kina Grannis
Recessional: “Welcome Home, Son” – Radical Face
Grand entrance song – “You Make My Dreams Come True” – Hall & Oates
First Dance: “Millionaire” – Chris Stapleton
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras?? What did you love and what could we improve upon??!
We wouldn’t change The DeLauras at all. Taking pictures is weird. They made us feel absolutely comfortable and “not weird.” We are so grateful for the expertise, professionalism, and style.
getting ready ADAMSON HOUSE | ceremony & reception ADAMSON HOUSE | location MALIBU, CA | event planner JEN & TEAM AT THE BURLAP AND ROSE | floral design MEGAN MCCCARTER OF THE LITTLE BRANCH | catering AMY’S CULINARY ADVENTURES | wedding cake SARAH LYONS | dessert AMY JURIST OF AMY’S CULINARY ADVENTURES | wedding dress designers & dress shop SARAH SEVEN, ROYAL OWN | veil SARAH SEVEN | bride’s shoes SCHUTZ | hairpiece LELET NY | earrings & bracelet NORDSTROM | groom’s suit INDOCHINO | engagement ring design RYAN AND RAFFI RUPCHIAN | engagement ring purchased on ICING ON THE RING | wedding bands ICING ON THE RING | hair JOSIE NAPENAS | makeup REBECAH JANIAN | stationery goods (invitations, programs, signage) designed by bride, Aimee, printed by CZAR PRESS | dj RANDY KORT OF EXTRAVAGANZA PARTY PRODUCTIONS | transportation & shuttles RIZ TRANSPORTATION