DANAE + TRAVIS
- What was the Inspiration for your wedding day? Summer Solstice meets Fall .. we always knew we wanted to have a wedding out in nature. We didn’t want to take away from the natural beauty so we thought if everyone wore white it would not distract but it would enhance all the nature around us!
- How and why did you pick your venue and or wedding details? Finding a venue that could cater 300 people proved to be more difficult than we anticipated. After being disappointed in what Joshua Tree had to offer, we lucked out and we were referred to Wolf Feather Honey Farm by a friend. We fell in love with it instantly. The home owners were incredible and we know the second we got there, it’s where we wanted to get married.
- What special details did you include in your wedding or reception?? We opted out of the traditional Ceremony early. We had been to a few weddings the previous year that utilized the relationships of the bride and groom to be a more vocal part of the ceremony. It inspired us to have our best friend as our officiant, one of our cousins as the spiritual reader, and our grandfather to lead us in prayer. Our entire ceremony was put on by our closest friends and family, and that was important to us. We also love to camp and be out in nature. We thought what a better way for all of our friends and family to come together and connect over not only a wedding but a weekend of camping. It was really special to us to see all of our friends who had never camped before come out and pitch a tent for us!
- How did you make your wedding day special and make it about the two of you??! For us, what made our day so special wasn’t making it about the two of us. Great couples allow that to happen naturally. It was about showing every single guest who came to support us how much they mean to us. Granted a 300 person wedding is far too big to actually greet everyone in just a few short hours, but we built our wedding around the idea of giving our family and friends a unique experience.
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? Groom – most memorable moment was the first look, obviously. I have 100% success rate of crying at weddings. I told everyone in days leading up to it that I cry at everyone else’s wedding, so I wouldn’t have to cry at my own. A foolish thought. I wasn’t prepared for how emotional I would get for the first look. She was absolutely perfect. BRIDE– I had a few memorable moments.. the most amazing moment was to see my handsome groom look at me a way I had not ever seen before. At that moment I truly felt the most love I’ve ever experienced. And that look and feeling heart stopped. Another moment that was incredible was after walking down the aisle, I took a second and looked out into the sea of friends and family, and it was such a crazy feeling to know all those people were there for and had come from near and far to witness us make this life long promise to one another. I cant really explain the feeling.
- What was your favorite part about the wedding planning process? Watching so many of our friends and family come together and put in the work with us was a definite highlight. Weddings of that scale don’t just come together over night. Collaborating on ideas has always played an integral part in our lives, and seeing it come together for our wedding with those closest to us was really something special.
- Any advice for those planning now? Elope. Just kidding. Decide early to make your special day about your guests, as hard as that might be to think about. Everything else will fall into place. Also remember that no matter how stressed you are about everything being so perfect, its almost the imperfections of the day that make it perfect! And if you can plan a wedding together your marriage is going to be starting off pretty strong !!!
MusicProcessional: Guiding Light – Mumford and Sons
Recessional: The Mowgli’s – San Francisco (Pumpkin Remix)
First Dance: Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras?? FROM TRAVIS: My experience working with Anthony was fantastic. It honestly felt like he was one of the boys, which made it feel less like work and allowed us all to relax and not shoot so stiff. FROM DANAE: Working with Kendal was a dream!! with 15 bridesmaids, mothers, brothers, nieces , nephews, dogs and who ever else you can think of.. she handled us all so patiently. But also was assertive and helpful in placing everyone. It was very important to us to have photographers who we enjoyed being around. No one else is going to be with you on your wedding day as long as they will be. I had the best time with with both Kendal and Anthony ! We loved them so much we invited them to come to all the weekend festivities and consider them friends!!
- Anything else you want to add???? All we can say is this wedding took a village to create. We are so thankful to everyone who came out and enjoyed the weekend! It was nothing short of a dream !
ceremony + reception WOLF FEATHER HONEY FARM | destination TEMECULA, CALIFORNIA | event planner LAURALEE BUNNELL | floral design SHERI’S FLOWERS | wedding dress MARTINA LIANA | wedding dress shop ESSENCE DESIGNS | makeup ANNA IRVING | hair TRESS APOTHECARY SALON | shoes MATISE LEOPARD BOOTIES | bridesmaid dresses SHOW ME YOUR MUMU | chokers MAY MARTIN | grooms hat CUSTOM MADE BY AGNOULITA HAT | grooms suit RALPH LAUREN | grooms shoes CUSTOM MADE MAYAN SHOES | groom + groomsmen bolos HANDMADE BY DANAE’S GRANDFATHER | dj JARETH ARROYS | photography THE DELAURAS
November 26, 2018