FROM THE BRIDE:
- What was the Inspiration for your wedding day? We wanted our wedding to feel intimate, like a big family dinner. We wanted things to feel care free with an understated elegance. An upscale bohemian vibe, adorned with greenery and candles was what we centered our wedding around.
- How and why did you pick your venue and or wedding details? Laguna has always been special to us. I not only grew up close by there in Aliso Viejo, but we are ALWAYS there in our free time. We also got engaged in Laguna so it will always hold a special place in our hearts. Needless to say we definitely wanted a venue in Laguna and Surf & Sand was the perfect fit for an intimate affair. Regarding our wedding details I remember finding a picture on Instagram that had long tables with white linen, glass wear, and candles. It was simple yet so elegant and made me swoon.
- What special details did you include in your wedding or reception?? The processional song that I walked down to was a special touch for us ( Thousand Years, by Christina Perri). We have always talked about how we are soulmates, and how that sentiment is so strong that we must have loved in past lives and will continue to find one another in future lives. It was just fitting and moving. I am not one for traditions but what was really important to me was that I had a handkerchief that I would use to wipe those happy tears and then forever keep it unwashed. What was even more special was that it was an old handkerchief my dad kept from a long time ago, and was embroidered with an “L”. It was not only something sentimental for me to have from my father but it also represented myself, the bride, not completing stepping away from my maiden name. The song that was played while we entered the reception was from Top Gun, Skyler’s favorite movie. Songs in general are very sentimental to me and we had a lot of them playing throughout the night that meant something to us.
- How did you make your wedding day special and make it about the two of you??! We both are not fond of attention or making it all about us. We definitely did not want a big spectacle surrounding our day. From the very beginning we were determined to have a small wedding with our closest family and friends. We kept saying all along that we wanted it to feel like a “big family dinner where there happened to be a wedding”. I think we really accomplished this in everyone joining together at two long tables, mingling and having fun. We knew we wanted to spend as much time together with each other the day of the wedding so we spent the morning just the two of us up until the last second of having to go our separate ways to get ready. This was really nice, as we got quiet time to relax before all the commotion. For the ceremony, it was really important to us that it be as personal as possible. His Uncle married us, and we were able to work with him closely on the ceremony script, and we came up with our own wording for our ring exchange. Writing our own vows was the icing on the cake for ur day. The first dance, I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith, is a song that Skyler sang to me all the time when were 17. Even now when he grabs my hand randomly to dance he starts to sing it to me. The only thing I always said I wanted from him on our wedding day was for him to recite his own vows and to sing that song to me for our first dance.
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? (From Groom and from Bride)
From Bride: The vows, hands down!
From Groom: First Look
- What was your favorite part about the wedding planning process? The end of it hahaha. Dress shopping, what girl doesn’t like a good excuse to shop. The whole thing was pretty smooth sailing. I would say it was all surreal and didn’t really hit me until about 2 weeks before the wedding. That is when I began to get super excited and that feeling continued throughout the big day.
- Any advice for those planning now? Hire the DeLaura’s for your engagement & wedding photography! Gather inspiration and focus in on what you want, then find vendors who align with your vision. Definitely do a first look. Must importantly relax, it will all work out in the end!
Processional: Thousand Years by Christina Perri
Recessional: La Rejouissance
First Dance: I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras? Our experience was absolutely wonderful! We could not have asked for anything better. You two were professional, creative & so kind. You took the time to listen to what we wanted, offered your professional advice and expertise, and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Photography is such an important component of your wedding day and we are so glad that we trusted you guys to capture our love.
ceremony + reception SURF & SAND LAGUNA BEACH| event planner BRITT KINGMAN LVL EVENTS | floral design THE BLOOM OF TIME |wedding dress RUE DE SEIN BRIDAL | dress shop THE DRESS THEORY |makeup LAURA LINSENMAYER ROOTS BEAUTY | hair ROOTS BEAUTY | headpiece AMAROQ | earrings ANTHROPOLOGIE | groom suit BEN SHERMAN | paper goods MINTED | dj Honored Occasions & Infinity Lighting | officiant GROOM’S UNCLE