MEGHAN + GARRET || CALIFORNIA CLUB || LAS ANGELES, CA
Meghan and Garrett’s wedding was the most elegant, graceful and classy wedding I’ve ever photographed! The bride and groom, surrounded by their bridal party, got ready for their big day at the classic California Club. This exclusive club located in downtown Los Angeles is overwhelmingly beautiful–every room you enter has it’s own elaborate decor, ornate wall paper and wall furnishings.
Meghan slipped into her beautiful wedding gown in a charming estate room laden in silver and floral wall paper and mirrors! It was probably the most stunning bridal suite I have ever photographed. The boys hung out in the private barber shop parlor which was the perfect setting to help Garrett look top notch.
The couple planned to meet on the roof top patio for a romantic and intimate first look. Garrett’s eyes welled over in anticipation as Meghan walked towards him, his back turned. The look on his face when he first laid eyes on his gorgeous bride was priceless! Meghan and Garrett took turns reading their vows to one another and embraced with love and heartfelt devotion.
The couple was married in a beautiful church in Pasadena surrounded by 100 of their closest family and friends. On the way back to the California Club for the reception we stopped at a lookout point near Dodger stadium. This place is significant to the couple because it was where they had their very first kiss. It was special to be able to photograph the bride and groom on this extraordinary day in the exact same spot where their love began.
Read below and find out what Meghan and Garrett loved about their wedding, what they would do differently and what their favorite moments was. (Meghan and Garrett’s favorite moment was also MY favorite moment…)
Ostara Photography’s favorite moment: When Meghan and Garrett were about to cut the cake there was this undeniable and electrifying energy in the room. This cake cutting wasn’t just an ordinary cake cutting, but Meghan and Garrett were about to find out if they were having a BOY or a GIRL.. I have never ever EVER photographed a cake cutting SO incredibly exciting, tear jerking, and so completely joyful before!
Meghan and Garrett’s wedding was a celebration of love, friendship, family and new beginnings.. I won’t soon forget this amazing, wonderful day!
FROM THE COUPLE:
1. Favorite moment from the day??
Our favorite moment of the day was cutting our wedding cake. We are expecting our first child and our cake was our gender reveal. For several weeks the only people who knew whether we were having a baby boy or girl were our Doctor and our Baker. Everyone was so excited to find out together! We were surrounded by love in the middle of an intense circle of love and anticipation. It was such a special moment when we found out surrounded by all of our closest family and friends that we were going to have a baby boy! It was the icing on the cake to a perfect day (no pun intended)! 🙂
2. What inspired your wedding theme??
The California Club is classic, elegant and timeless.
3. What you loved most about your:
a. wedding day – We loved EVERYTHING from the hair and makeup to the flowers and ceremony and venue to the DJ and the cake! It was also very special to be married by Bishop Bruno, a dear family friend and someone the Bride has known and planned my wedding with since she was a little girl. We felt beautiful and so loved! It was an incredible and memorable day. We don’t think the feeling of warmth from the love we felt that day will ever fade! Our venue was amazing, the church and ceremony were beautiful.
b. your venue – The venue is beautiful and timeless! In addition to the elegance of the venue, the food, drinks and the staff are amazing! We love the view from the patio where we had our first look and cocktail reception.
4. Advice for future brides planning a wedding?? – Don’t try to plan it in 2 months! Try not to stress about the small stuff and do not be afraid to ask friends and family to help. Also, make sure you bring someone with you to your final fitting who actually practices bustling your dress before leaving the store with it! They are trickier than they look! Also, just take time throughout the day to really take it all in. Also, we rented the bridesmaids dresses from www.vowtobechic.com. The dresses were perfect. They send you 2 sizes 2 weeks before the wedding for a fraction of the cost of buying the same designer gown. This is the easiest way to have mix and match bridesmaids so your girls can pick the style they like most but still compliment each other. They didn’t have enough of the color we wanted it so they worked with the designer to purchase more inventory to be sure to get us what we needed in time. Great customer service!
5. Is there anything you would have changed or done differently?? We would have had a better understanding of what we were expecting from our wedding planners. Also, we would have gotten a party bus instead of a limo for the wedding party as the limo was hard to get in and out of.
6. looking back now a few weeks what stands out the most to you?? The overwhelming feeling of love we felt that day. We moved our wedding up 6 months after we found out we were pregnant. We were not able to send save the dates or give guests much advance notice. We were blown away how many friends and family made the journey from near and far to be with us on our day. We are so blessed!
7. Anything else you want to add??? We planned our entire wedding in 2 months and it turned out as if we had planned it for a year or more. Everything was perfect. We couldn’t have done it without our great vendors and with help of our amazing family and friends! While we don’t recommend it, it is possible! 🙂