- What was the Inspiration for your wedding day? Sailing and the Sea – We met while sailing San Diego Harbor, got engaged on a dock of the bay and got married next to the sea where it all came to be!!
- How and why did you pick your venue and or wedding details – Coronado Community Center was the perfect venue to be outdoors next to San Diego Bay where we met and got engaged. It was the perfect way to tie the knot and have our guests enjoy the close proximity of our venue, hotels and restaurants within walking distance
- What special details did you include in your wedding or reception?? Custom made boat alter with hand picked nautical accessories / sister in law created all the invitations and signs / we choreographed our own first dance to Bobby Darin’s Beyond The Sea / our wedding coordinator is also the Mom of the Cassi B Band lead singer and family friends / sparkler send off to conclude the night
- How did you make your wedding day special and make it about the two of you?? We didn’t have a first look so that our true first look would be experienced, witnessed and captured by everyone attending. We also had Danielle’s parents best friend, Dave Duke, officiate our ceremony. He’s know Danielle since she was born and has been part of our relationship since we met.
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? (From Groom and from Bride). Bride – Nailing our first dance and saying I DO. Groom – Experiencing the indescribable joy of marrying Danielle and having all of our family and friends to be part of our day!!
Any advice for those planning now? Don’t overthink it and just enjoy the present moment each day.Music
- Processional: Surfer Girl by The Beach Boys (Acoustic) / Bride’s Song was The Prayer by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion
- Recessional: Theme from The Endless Summer by The Sandals
- First Dance: Beyond The Sea by Bobby DarinWhat was your favorite part about the wedding planning process? Groom – Practicing our first dance and building our alter. Bride – Choreographing our first dance and all the tastings we were able to do!!
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras?? What did you love and what could we improve upon??? Amazing, Kendal and Anthony are so FUN and easy to work with!! They are friends and made us feel so at ease in both our engagement and wedding photos. They are the perfect husband and wife duo and we cannot sing their praises more!!!! We are so grateful and loved and appreciated having Anthony and Kendal be part of our special day
getting ready HOTEL DEL | ceremony + reception CORONADO COMMUNITY CENTER| destination CORONADO ISLAND | | event planner ELEMENTS OF STYLE | floral design ELEMENTS OF MARY | paper goods & calligraphy LITTLE ROADS DESIGNS | wedding dress JUSTIN ALEXANDER | bridal shop POPPY & ROSE BRIDAL| shoes Badgley Mischka | makeup Elizabeth Root Makeup | hair CASSIE BOWERMAN | groom suit LA MODA| grooms shoes SPERRY | cake + desserts FABULOUS CAKE GIRLS | catering PERSONAL TOUCH DINING| live band Cassie B Project