Dreamy Catalina Island Destination Wedding at Descanso Beach Club
We love when our couples get married in dreamy destination locations! Catalina Island is located only 22 miles from the coast of California yet it feels like you’ve been transported to both Greece and the Amalfi Coast at the same time!!! We had the absolute BEST time photographing Kelly and Jon’s gorgeous black tie wedding in Avalon at the Descanso Beach Club. We worked with Melissa Risk of Boutique Event Planning and Catalina Weddings to pull off the wedding of the SUMMERRR!! Scroll down (and then KEEP scrolling) and see this magical PINTEREST worthy wedding day!!! The champagne wall is to DIE for 🙂
WORDS FROM THE BRIDE:
- What was the inspiration for your wedding day? We’ve been visiting Catalina since 2013 and it’s a special place for us. We wanted to share the beauty of the Island with our loved ones and create a romantic and intimate vibe. Descanso Beach Club perfectly embodied what we wanted.
- What special details did you include in your wedding or reception?? We love to travel so instead of the traditional table numbers, we used our favorite cities and countries where we’ve been to together. In addition to our table scapes, we set up a display with black and white photos in memory of our grandparents who are no longer with us!
- How did you make your wedding day special and make it about the two of you??! Jon enjoyed our food tasting the best and I think both of us agree that the most special part was having all of our loved ones in one place experiencing all the things we love about Catalina together.
- What was your favorite part about the wedding planning process? I loved choosing the little details. Wedding planning was so fun for me and I would absolutely do it again! As as result, I have considered helping others plan their special day as a part time thing.
- Any advice for those planning now? Firstly, do one thing at a time so it’s not overwhelming, secondly, hand off the things you know you don’t want to do, and lastly, don’t let others peoples opinions sway you if you know what you want. Above all, It’s your day, so do what you want and know that things will go wrong, but no one will notice. Don’t stress about the execution of it. To sum it up, my advice is to just take it all in because the day goes by really fast!
- Processional: Stuck on you by Lionel Richie
- Recessional: Another Day of Sun – LALA Land Soundtrack (right after we break the glass) (recorded)
- First Dance: Crazy Love by Van Morrison (all recorded)
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras?? We absolutely loved working with The DeLauras! Not only do they have a great eye for detail and the ability to make you feel super comfortable in front of their cameras, but most importantly, they are two really cool people that make this slightly awkward and forced experience (wedding photography) really fun! I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!
getting ready HAMILTON COVE | ceremony + reception DESCANSO BEACH CLUB| destination AVALON, SANTA CATALINA ISLAND | event planner MELISSA RISK OF BOUTIQUE EVENT PLANNING | floral design WHITE SAKURAS |makeup JUILIE HILES| hair ALI SHERRY | catering + cake DESCANSO BEACH CLUB + CATALINA WEDDINGS | wedding dress ALVINA VALENTA |wedding dress shop JLM COUTURE | rings + jewelry + tie clips KAUFMANN JEWELERS | shoes ALEXANDER BIRMAN | grooms suit custom made by BESPOKE DESIGNER |grooms shoes CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN|live band BEN MALLARE|invitations MINTED | photos & video THE DELAURAS
MORE DESTINATION WEDDING INSPIRATION:
IF YOU LOVEDDDD KELLY + JON’S ISLAND WEDDING, CHECK OUT THIS GORGEOUS DESTINATION WEDDING IN SAYULITA MEXICO!!!