Sukee + Kevin loved taking trips, long or short, to BIG SUR while they were dating, and when Kevin proposed at VENTANA INN & SPA, they both knew they wanted their wedding in this incredibly memorable place.
Traveling from the forest to the sea in a 1950s blue Mustang from MONTEREY TOURING VEHICLES, carrying fabulous flowers by LOLO AT BURST & BLOOM, CARMEL, you must see this marvelous gallery of their joyful celebration.
- What was the inspiration for your elopement? We fell in love with Big Sur when we lived out in California (about an hour north). Any weekend we could escape there for even a day-trip was our favorite, and, even after moving back to the east coast, we couldn’t imagine a more perfect spot for our wedding. Getting every friend and family member out there—most of them live out east—would have been too difficult, so it was either have a larger wedding back home or have a “tiny” one, with immediate family and a few best friends, out west. In the end, we decided to go with our heart and choose a smaller event in a place we absolutely love.
- How and why did you pick your Big Sur for your destination and Ventana for your venue?? See above re. Big Sur 🙂 Ventana is where Kevin proposed (on the evening of Aug. 9, 2018 on the lawn in front of the social house) so it holds a very special place in our heart.
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? (From Groom and from Bride (From the Groom) Seeing Sukee for our first look in the redwoods – it was like seeing her for the first time all over again.
- (From the Bride) As soon as Kevin started reading his vows (after I had read mine, a part of me guessed that he had started write his a long time ago), and said he actually started writing his vows not two but almost three years ago. The view from our ceremony was absolutely breathtaking, but Kev definitely had my whole attention that moment 🙂
- What was your favorite part about the wedding planning process Being done (Kev) Finally realizing that we COULD do a tiny wedding where we were engaged and it was officially going to happen (Sukee)
- Any advice for those planning now? Make sure you do it for YOU and your partner. It’s important to be accommodating to the other people you love. But that being said, at the end of the day, it’s about the two of you and what you want.
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras?? Kendal and Anthony were wonderful and we had an absolute blast shooting with them! We’d love to stay in touch, and, if we ever find ourselves lucky enough to live in Big Sur, would hope that they’d want to hang out with us! We thought it was the sweetest thing that Kendal and Anthony came back and shot with us the day later so that we’d be able to have pictures from Pfeiffer Beach and of the sunset on the cliffs. This was such a relaxing (compared to the wedding day) experience and SO much fun. The DeLauras awesome and total couple goals!
getting ready + ceremony VENTANA INN & SPA | destination BIG SUR| floral design LOLO AT BURST & BLOOM, CARMEL| wedding dress designer LIMOR ROSEN| bridal dress shop CEREMONY-BOSTON | shoes BADGLEY MISCHKA| hair & makeup BRIDAL BEAUTY ON THE GO | grooms suit SUIT SUPPLY| grooms shoes ADELANTE SHOE CO. | specialty car rental MONTEREY TOURING VEHICLES| hat designer GOORIN BROS (hers) ORVIS (his) photography THE DELAURAS | videography THE DELAURAS