- What was the Inspiration for your wedding day? It was very special and important to us to have our ceremony/share our vows in our Church in front of our family and friends. We were especially excited to have Monsignor John Urell marry us!
- How and why did you pick your venue and or wedding details We were immediately drawn to Franciscan Gardens because we loved the beauty of all the greenery, open air and character of the venue and location of San Juan Capistrano. The venue was an open canvas for us to paint our perfect and personal reception. David has passion for wine so we wanted to incorporate that into our wedding style for the reception. Our wedding colors were burgundy/merlot so it was perfect! The table décor was all DIY except our flowers. With the help of my bridesmaids we pealed and spray painted over 100 wine bottles. We also glued all the wine cork table numbers from the helpful donations of The Deck! We wanted simple and classic with touches of our personality and to show the TLC put into each detail without going over board!
- What special details did you include in your wedding or reception?? I lost my father almost five years prior to our wedding so I danced with all of my brothers (5 of them!) for our ” Father daughter dance”. It was a very emotional and special part of our wedding. Dave and I have very loud, fun and outgoing personalities and we really wanted that to be evident with our reception and flow of the day. Our DJ/MC really understood us and our vision for the reception. His energy matched ours and all of our guests at the wedding. We loved having both options of a live band and DJ. The Kalama Brothers never disappoint so we were not surprised when everyone was out on the dance floor enjoying all the positive vibes. We had a dessert table with lots of delicious assorted mini desserts prepared by the Chef at Dave’s work and the Chef at my work. We also brought in an ice cream truck, as a little surprise element, with all the old school classic flavors we enjoyed as kids.
- How did you make your wedding day special and make it about the two of you??! We loved the idea of having our first look at The Mission in San Juan Capistrano prior to the ceremony! The opportunity for Dave and I to be able to be alone together to take in all of the planning and journey to that point was very important. The Ceremony was very special and intimate for us, as well even though it was in front of 180 guests.! We chose each song, readings and the family member to do the reading. My Aunt and Dave’s Great Aunt served communion to all guest as well for a special personal touch!
- Most memorable moment (s) of your wedding day? Bride: I loved our Grand Entrance into our First dance together as Husband and Wife, Reciting our Catholic vows at Church and our first look at The Mission. Groom: First look, I Do’s, toasts from Parents, MOH, BM
- What was your favorite part about the wedding planning process? To see all of our ideas, details and time we put into planning come to fruition and to be completely blown away!
- Any advice for those planning now? Enjoy the process and don’t take it for granted. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!! Know you style!
Processional:Canon in D, Pachelbel
Recessional: Wedding March, Mendelssohn
First Dance: Billy Joel- She’s Got A Way
- How was your experience working with The DeLauras?? The Best! Very professional and effortless to work with throughout the entire process. Your attention to detail is impressive and your passion definitely shows though the lens. We loved how you understood our vision and our personality! The photos all came out beautiful and you captured every important moment! It was very special that you were there to witness and capture our Engagement and then be there for our wedding to do the same! We wouldn’t change a thing!
ceremony St. TIMOTHY CATHOLIC CHURCH | reception FRANCISCAN GARDENS | first look THE MISSION SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO | event planner SOPHIE MAE OF STYLISH DETAILS | catering 24 CAROTS | wedding dress ENZOANI | dress shop BLUSH BRIDAL SALON | hair & makeup FLAWLESS FACES | live band THE KALAMA BROTHERS| cake NOTHING BUNDT CAKE